2020 Reading Challenge

2020 Reading Challenge
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews has read 0 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Review: Off the Beaten Path

Off the Beaten Path Off the Beaten Path by Cari Z.
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Off the Beaten Path by Cari Z.
Rating: 2.5-3 Stars

I’m unfortunately going to be the only one that thought this was just ok read.
I love me some shifters, I love me some mm romance and I love me some great world building… I LOVE PNR (!!!)

In saying that, it’s fair to say I didn’t enjoy the world that was created. I did like the characters Ward and Henry. Ava was sweet too.

In the beginning, I got to 25-30% I found I was skimming at parts because I was losing interest. Ward wants his daughter Ava back, and he will do anything to get her back. She was taken from him, because she shifted into a wolf. And was sent to live with a pack in the Colorado mountains.
Henry is the Alpha of said pack and he returns home after a failed assignment.

So in two parts of the story I had skimmed a little and was losing interest, around 55-60 % I was getting more into the story, and by the time I was enjoying it more, it was over. The author did a good job in giving the guys a HEA, and a few little hints there could be more in the future.

Honestly, I got a little confused with the whys and how of the shifter and humans relationships… and why the federal government treated werewolf’s like shit, like they were second grade, and then they treated the alphas like dogs, literally… I didn’t like the way they were treated, maybe I love when the alphas and werewolf’s in previous stories I have read all in your face hot and I couldn’t get enough.

Here I didn’t find that the guys were that hot, just two average dudes. I would have liked more growth with them both and possibly more heat. Or even for me to be like WOW this is epic, and I need to re-read this. Sadly, I won’t and most likely won’t continue the series if she does more. I do love the cover its beautiful. I would have really liked more of the sexy time and romance.
Don’t let my opinion change yours, try this book and see for yourself if you will love it. I think a lot of people might. I unfortunately didn’t love nor hate it just something around the middle called meh ok…

Any who, I think anyone who likes Cari writing and her worlds that she creates will enjoy this one, for me I thought it to be an ok read, an easy in between story…

Its told in dual POV from both Ward and Henry, there relationship was interesting.

I was given an arc from the publishers for an honest review
PNR BOOK LOVER REVIEWS


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment