2020 Reading Challenge

2020 Reading Challenge
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews has read 0 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Review: Pretend You're Safe

Pretend You're Safe Pretend You're Safe by Alexandra Ivy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Pretend You’re Safe by Alexandra Ivy

Bookish Friends (!!!)
You know how as a reader how we have like top 10 authors who are just a must read, I have been reading Alexandra for years now and there never has been a book that I have liked or loved. It started with her paranormal stories, and then when she dived into the romance suspense genre I was legit like #takemymoney there is just something about a good romantic suspense that I love, and Alexandra never disappoints.

In this new book, I absolutely loved it. There was never a point where I was bored I couldn’t put it down, yes, I was in some parts scared and creeped out but the romance between the main characters Jaci and Rylan smoothed it over.

Jaci has moved back to her home town, and years ago she had a stalker that left her creepy lockets with blood from his victims. We fast forward to the now and where they live it’s been nonstop raining in the town Heron, and with all the rain flooding damns and such we discover a dead body floating in the river and a skull…

When Jaci finds out she is freaked, is what happened in the past going to happen now?

When she gets home one afternoon and discovers a new locket, Rylan comes to the rescue. He believes her now, because when they were young all them years ago he thought she was silly teenage prank and wave it off.

The Cover, oh guys I am totally loving that cover, it literally is everything that is the story. When I opened my kindle and seen the cover, I had chills and locked my doors and settled in for a great adventure.

What I loved is the chemistry between Jaci and Rylan. The story is told in everyone’s POV which I thought was the coolest, I really got involved with this story. I loved the way it flowed and as always Alexandra’s writing is perfect.

The twist and turns in this keep me on my toes, and I couldn’t love it any more, I am hoping I will love the second book just as much. The teaser at the of the book for the next story is fabulous.

Not once every time I was guessing who the creepy killer was I couldn’t pick it and then when you do find out …. Damn!

I would highly recommend this creepy little thriller for everyone, from start to finish it will keep you engaged and on the edge of your seat, you will jump, cringe and be looking over your shoulder at the smallest of noises.

I would have to say with this story I really liked it a lot, I had read her ARES Security series and I freaking LOVED the first one in that but the second one lacked something, but with THIS one… THS one is PERFECT, I can NOT praise it enough!

I was graciously given an arc from Kensington through Netgalley for an honest review.

I cannot wait to own this in paperback, and to be able to pick it up and re read it again, is a bonus. It is defiantly a new fav for me. I really think everyone will enjoy this story about Jaci, Rylan and the creepy killer in a small Mississippi. One thing before I go too, I loved that the relationship didn’t feel forced, it happed naturally.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment